We have eagerly awaited the start of the new school year! Our first day will be on Monday, August 30th. Just a reminder that with our new start time is at 7:50AM. Please see the half day schedule below.
Following the direction at last Monday’s Board of Education meeting, all individuals must wear masks while on buses and indoors. Please make sure that students come prepared and are wearing a mask. Also, please ensure you are following the Covid Screener if you or your children are showing any signs of illness.
Here are a few other reminders that we wanted to ensure you were aware of for the first week:
- August 30th is a ½ day with a 10:55 dismissal. MBCC and DCMST students will stay at Edsel all day. Students who have MBCC/DCMST classes should report to the cafeteria.
- Check your class schedules again on Sunday through your Student or ParentConnect as there may still be some class changes. Email your counselor if you have any missing classes.
- During the school day, students should have their personal electronic devices (smart phones) off and stored in either their bags or lockers. Students may use them during lunchtime.
- For parents who pick-up and drop-off their students, the parking lot off of Pelham is for buses only from 7:15-8:00 AM and 2:30-3:15 AM. Any parent dropping off or picking up their student should enter the main entrance off of Rotunda or drop off their student at the gymnasium entrance.
- For the first day, students should bring something to write with (pen or pencil), something to write on (paper or notebook), and their Chromebook with charge cord if they have one.
- These are the different bell schedules depending on what type of day we are running. This also includes all of our late start and half day dates as well.
- For busing information, please call (313) 827-3300.
- There is no school on Friday, September 3rd and Monday, September 6th due to Labor Day.
Please check out the district website for back to school information.
We also want to encourage everyone to come out and support our athletes this week during our home games. We need everyone to show off that Thunderbird Pride!
We look forward to a great start to our school year! We hope that together we can transition towards a safe and enlightening year of learning!