February 22, 2021
Join us for “Facing Race: My Unfiltered Experience” – a space to share your story around racial experiences with other students across the state. There will be a student panel, breakout rooms, and a keynote address from Lt. Governor Garlin Gilchrist! To register, please go to this link:
Even if you don’t participate, please take a moment to fill out the pre-event survey so that we can get your feedback: https://forms.gle/rxVHbmkdTraggEkT8
If a student wishes to park in the Student Lot, a $10 parking pass will be needed. Please print out the attached form and fill completely out and bring it with your cash (CASH ONLY). Passes will be sold in the cafeteria directly after school March 15th through March 19th (1p.m-1:30 p.m.). If you are unable to come at that time please contact Mrs. Moran (firstname.lastname@example.org) to work out an alternate time. Security sweeps of the parking lot will begin in April.
Senior Scholarship Information:
1. Collegeboard Scholarships: High school seniors are highly encouraged to visit www.collegeboard.com to find scholarships, financial aid and internships for more than 2,200 programs, totaling nearly $6 billion! Once you get into the site, click “Find Scholarships,” and start searching.
2. COMMUNITY CHOICE CREDIT UNION SCHOLARSHIPS: Since 2008, Community choice Credit Union has made more than $500,000 available in scholarships for high school students in our communities. As an organization that values the future of our great state, they are offering $100,000 in scholarships again this year to high school seniors. Students are not required to be members of the Credit Union to apply. If students are interested, they can visit the website at www.CommunityChoiceCU.com. The deadline is February 28, 2021.
3. Donovan Xavier Baker Scholarship: The Donovan Xavier Baker Scholarship Fund was created as a way to honor the short but beautiful life of Donovan Xavier Baker. Any African-American male between the ages of 17-22 is eligible for this $2,500 scholarship. For more information and to apply go to: thedonovanxavierbakerscholarshipfund.com/ and download the application. The deadline is April 30, 2021.
4. Dearborn Education Foundation: Norman Hammoud Scholarship: This scholarship fund was created in honor of Norman Hammoud, a former teacher and student-athlete of the Dearborn Public Schools. He was an all-star football player at Fordson and Bowling Green State University. Through this scholarship fund, Mr. Hammoud’s dreams of helping students excel in sports and academics will live on. Seniors who played on the football team at Edsel Ford this year are eligible for the $1,000 scholarship. The deadline is March 31, 2021.
5. Michigan State University Scholarship: There is a new MSU Michigan Resident Scholarship of up to $1,500 annually. Beginning in the Fall of 2021, all admitted Michigan students will be automatically considered for this new scholarship. Seniors are encouraged to apply to MSU as soon as possible to receive maximum scholarship consideration.
6. Schoolcraft College Scholarships: The college is offering the Trustee Scholarship and Award of Excellence to area high school seniors who plan on attending Schoolcraft College next year. The Trustee Scholarship Award is for $2,000/year and the Award of Excellence Scholarship is for $5,000/year. Students apply for admission at schoolcraft.edu/apply and complete the online scholarship application at schoolcraft.edu/scholarships. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2021.