Greetings Edsel Ford Class of 2020 Seniors and Families,
We are looking forward to celebrating you at our first ever Senior Drive Thru! While we are well aware this is not the last day of high school that you envisioned, we do want to make it a festive event. We are asking all graduates to participate on May 20th – feel free to decorate your cars and wear Edsel gear to show your Thunderbird pride. This is a family event and ALL graduates MUST have a parent with them in their car.
- Last Names A-B should come between 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m
- Last Names C-M should come between 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m
- Last Names N-Z should come between 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m
There are some important things to keep in mind in order to make this a safe, successful event while adhering to proper social distancing protocol.
- All 2020 graduates should attend this event
- 1 graduate per car in order to keep event flowing
- For students who are under 18 years old- Parents MUST be with student in car – you will be turned away if parent is not present
- If a student is 18 years or older they may pick up their items by themself- no one other than a parent or guardian is allowed in car
- Cars will enter at the traffic light entrance to the student parking lot on Rotunda (by football field), and will follow ONE WAY traffic through 5 stops in the parking lot.
- All students and parents must remain in cars at all times. No one is allowed to stop and get out of their vehicle at any time. Upon entry please open your trunk.
- Bring a Sign with your Student Name and School ID # Printed on it to hold up at stations.
- ALL SENIORS WHO borrowed Chromebooks must return them at this event , cars will be turned away if a student does not have the chromebook & power cord to turn in – you will have to go home and get it and come back.
- Bring all text books/library books/borrowed calculators to turn in – put them in a bag with your Name & Student ID #
- DCMST & MBCC students must return ALL books, borrowed materials to Edsel on the 20th – put them in a bag with your Name & Student ID #
- Fines will be collected – put EXACT Cash amount in a sealed envelope with your Name & Student ID # to turn in – Diplomas will be held until all fines are paid
- Athletes should put all uniforms and equipment in a bag with Student Name and ID # to turn in
- NHS members must bring $25 cash in sealed envelope with your Name & Student ID # to turn in to Mrs. Welmers at her station
- Upon entry to the stations – Please open your car trunk for:
- Cap & Gowns (& tassels)
- Honors awards & files
- Yearbooks and Senior t-shirt (if ordered)