16 school days ‘til Christmas Vacation!
- Now is the time for Freshmen interested in running for class officers to take action. Freshmen elections are here. Please see Mrs. Mcauliff for applications. Read the application and follow the instructions.
- “Congratulations and thank you” to the Edsel Ford students and staff who donated blood or attempted to donate blood Tuesday. 106 people were screened and 57 pints of blood were collected. Red Cross informed us that 171 people would benefit from our donations. A final congratulation to Troy Hanson who organized the drive and to the students who worked the drive.
- Students. You will notice posters in the Cafeteria, Main Office, Media Center and Counseling regarding donating old cell phones! These cell phones will be going to our Military Troops so they can call home. The school who donates the most used cell phones could win an appearance from American Idol Casey James.
- Are you an Artist?? If you have talents in writing, dance or any visual arts, then now is the time to let everyone know. REFLECTIONS has the best theme this year…”Diversity Means…” Deadline is approaching soon. The information is available with all teachers and also in the Main Office. Now is your time to shine!! The Deadline is December 5, 2011. Thank you, Edsel Ford PTSA
- All Juniors, Sophomores, and Freshmen: On Saturday, December 10, Edsel Ford will be sponsoring the Kaplan Practice ACT Test. Check in will begin at 8 AM, with the test beginning promptly at 8:30. Check in and test will take place in the Edsel Ford Cafeteria. Please bring your own calculator to the test. We will only have a limited amount of calculators available on the day of the test. This is your last opportunity to take a practice ACT test prior to the March ACT/MME. Don’t miss out! Sign up in the Counseling Office and reserve your spot. We have only 150 slots available, so sign up as soon as possible!
- Students when you are called to the Student Office, please bring all your belongings with you. Teachers are not responsible for your things.
- Once again this year we will host a DPS Parent Financial Aid Information Night at the MBCC lecture hall on Tuesday, January 24th from 6-7:30p.m. Our presenter, Cheryl Powell, is the associate director of financial aid at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
- We have been informed that the SMART Bus will no longer be provided to transport students after school. Beginning December 12, 2011, students that have taken advantage of this service will need to arrange for alternative transportation.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors: If you are considering a career in the military and are interested in taking the ASVAB military placement exam, please sign up in the counseling center. The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, December 7th.
- TODAY’S LUNCH IS…Pizza!
- THURSDAY SPORTS!
NO EVENTS ARE SCHEDULED