We will be hosting a community event at Salina Intermediate School to learn more about the second proposal in 6 weeks to expand a natural gas facility in Dearborn, MI and the health impacts of pollution on the SE Michigan area. We’ll also hear from environmental advocates for clean energy to understand the big picture of natural gas expansion.
This meeting is to inform the community in advance of the MDEQ Public Hearing on the DTE Natural Gas expansion [details below].
Dearborn Community Meeting on Natural Gas
LOCATION: Salina Intermediate School Auditorium
Time/Date: Tuesday March 20, 6-8pm
- 5:30pm Set up
- 6:10pm Welcome – Karima Alwishah, Southend Resident and MEJC Clean Air Council
- 6:20pm What is the DTE CEP Permit – Nick Leonard,Great Lakes Environmental Law
- 6:40pm Health impacts of outdoor air pollution – Farah Erzouki, ACCESS
- 7:00pm What is the deal on Natural Gas – Andrew Sarpolis [Sierra Club], JC Kibbey [Union of Concerned Scientists]
- 7:30pm Townhall [Lead by Theresa Landrum of 48217]
- 8pm Clean up
Refreshments and translation provided.
Thank you to UCS for donating to translate and interpret at the event. Also, thanks to DWEJ for donating food. Thanks to all the amazing people who are helping contribute: Karima Alwishah, Theresa Landrum, ACCESS, CAPHE, CURES, DWEJ, Ecology Center, EcoWorks, GLELC, SDEV, Sierra Club, UCS, WSU TELC and more!
MDEQ HEARING ON THE NATURAL GAS EXPANSION
DTE CEP LLC
- Date: March 27, 2018
- Time: Information session from 5:30-7:00pm, public hearing starts at 7:00pm
- Location: Edsel Ford High School Auditorium, 20601 Rotunda Drive, Dearborn
- The permit documents for the DTE project are currently available. They can be accessed via this link.
- Written comments may be submitted via email at https://www.deq.state.mi.us/
aps/cwerp.shtml and are accepted until the close of the public hearing
Hope to see you there!
For more info contact: Michelle Martinez
Michigan Environmental Justice Coalition