We are extremely excited for the start of this school year! We look forward to welcoming all of our returning students and our new students! We hope to start this school year strongly focused on high academic success for all of our students! We truly appreciate your partnership and together we can make Edsel Ford a model school!
Please review the following expectations with your child. We need to all be on the same page. Attached you will find our cell phone policy, tardy policy, and the high school district dress code policy.
Here are a few other reminders that we wanted to ensure you were aware of for the first week:
- August 29th is a ½ day with a 10:55 dismissal. MBCC and DCMST students will stay at Edsel all day. Students who have MBCC/DCMST classes should report to the cafeteria.
- We are going digital. All schedules were released on student connect on Friday. Schedules can be printed upon request. Check your class schedules again on Sunday night through your Student or ParentConnect as there may still be some class changes. Email your counselor if you have any missing classes.
- Link Crew ambassadors will help all of our Freshmen locate their classes throughout the day tomorrow. We also will have all support staff out to help ensure our students know where their classes are.
- During the school day, students should have their personal electronic devices (smart phones) off; this includes earbuds. Students may use them during lunchtime and passing time.
- All dual enrollment students must leave the building during their allotted time.
- For parents who pick-up and drop-off their students, the parking lot off of Pelham is for buses only from 7:15-8:00 AM and 2:30-3:15 PM. Any parent dropping off or picking up their student should enter the main entrance off of Rotunda or drop off their student at the gymnasium entrance. Please see attached traffic map below. We also ask that everyone be patient to ensure the safety of all.
- If you have a student driver, please speak to them about the importance of being safe and following all traffic laws especially in our student parking lot.
- For the first day, students should bring something to write with (pen or pencil), something to write on (paper or notebook).
- These are the different bell schedules depending on what type of day we are running. This also includes all of our late start and half day dates as well.
- For busing information, please call (313) 827-3300.
- There is no school on Friday, September 2nd and Monday, September 5th due to Labor Day.
- Open House is Thursday, September 15, 2022 (6:00-7:30 pm)
- Edsel High School is a closed campus. No students are to leave Edsel High School for lunch.
- Audit reduces a student’s credit for a class from 0.5 credits to 0.25 credits for having 10 or more absences in a class. Tardies impact your attendance as well. Every four tardies is an absence. If a student does not recover the credit by passing the class, including receiving a 78% or better on the cumulative final exam, the student must take the class in night school or summer school to regain their full credit. Summer school costs $350 a class and night school costs $175 a class.
- Cell phone policy
- Tardy Policy
- Dress code policy
We also want to encourage everyone to come out and support our athletes this week. We need everyone to show off that Thunderbird Pride!
We look forward to seeing you all tomorrow! Go Thunderbirds!