Dear Parents and Graduates,
We are excited to provide you with our plans for your child’s graduation ceremony. We are working meticulously to make sure your graduation ceremony is memorable. Please read the following information that you need for your graduation ceremony.
Commencement will be held at Edsel Ford High School on Friday, June 11th at 6pm for all graduates.
- All students participating in commencement must take a rapid test on Tuesday, June 8th and receive a negative result or provide proof of vaccination.
- Edsel Ford will offer rapid testing for the Class of 2021 from 5-8pm on Tuesday, June 8th in the small gym. You must register at the link above prior to testing at Edsel Ford.
- Students are welcome to get a rapid Covid test at another site of your choice on Tuesday. Unfortunately, all graduates that test positive for Covid will not attend the graduation ceremony.
- If a student tests positive for Covid, we require that he or she take a PCR test that shows a negative result.
- All graduates that are planning on participating in commencement must have a cap and gown.
- Graduates will receive 2 tickets each, and will be given their tickets during rehearsal on June 11th, from 9am-11am, with proof of negative rapid test or vaccination.
- Graduates must report to the parking lot at 5pm behind the cafeteria for lining up/organization.
- All attendees (graduates, parents, staff) will practice social distancing and must wear face masks.
- Gates for entry will be open at 5:15pm.
- Ushers will seat attendees in groups of no more than 2, with at least 6 feet between groups of guests.
Note: In the event of inclement weather, the graduation ceremony will be postponed until Wednesday, June 16th. A decision to postpone the ceremony will be made between 4pm and 5pm on Friday, June 11th. More information to follow if the ceremony needs to be postponed.