Congratulations to 11th and 12th graders who qualified to apply for NHS. Students in 11th & 12th grade whose GPA from 1st semester last year, was 3.50 and above were notified by email.
Due to the educational circumstances from last school year, it was decided that National Honor Society would look at the end of 1st semester GPA instead of the second semester.
Having the GPA is just the start in becoming a member of the National Honor Society; a national organization that is recognized as a high honor among colleges and the community.
There are 4 pillars of National Honor Society — Scholarship, Leadership, Character and Service. In the Application packet there are further descriptions of the 4 pillars.
What is the next step?
1. Students will need to go to the Counseling blog and download the 2020-2021 Application Packet.
2. Before you start filling it out, it is highly suggested to read everything over first. Make sure you understand what is required.
3. If you have questions, please email Mrs. Welmers. firstname.lastname@example.org
4. When the application is complete, you will be required to drop it off at school. More information will be sent to you on where you will turn it in.
5. The application is due no later than Friday, October 30, 2020
6. As the NHS advisor, I do not make the final decision on who is accepted. There is a Faculty Council that makes the decision. Who is on the faculty council is not publicized.
7. It is your responsibility to follow the instructions in the packet. They are very detailed.
8. You will be required to be part of community service, attend meetings, show leadership qualities, be a good role model and keep your overall GPA above a 3.5
9. There will also be a virtual meeting for all interested students.
****You are required to email me no later than Monday, October 12th, if you are planning on filling out the Application packet. I will be keeping track of who is interested. ****
Please read everything carefully and follow the instructions.
Mrs. Welmers Counselor and National Honor Society Advisor.