Are you passionate about improving your school’s climate and culture? Do you believe in positive leadership, activism and making a difference? If you answered yes to both questions, you should apply to become a member of the Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council (SSAC). This is the 4th year that Dr. Maleyko has invited high school students to join him as we continue to be a District of Distinction. He wants to hear from you because he realizes that you know the pulse of your school better than anyone else. Unfortunately, space is limited and the council will consist of no more than 20 students (10th – 12th grade only).
Please determine if you meet the following requirements before applying:
(1) Excellent attendance
(2) 2.0 G.P.A. or higher
(3) Willing to collaborate with peers
(4) Demonstrate problem solving, creative thinking, initiative, flexibility and a desire to make positive change
(5) Exhibit communication & presentation skills
(6) Adhere to the Student Code of Conduct policies
(7) Attend monthly meetings during the school day
(8) Ability to balance course work, monthly meetings and extra curricular community activities. September 27, 2018 is the deadline for submitting your application.
Be Inspirational! Pursue your Education! Celebrate your successes!
Follow the link below for the application: